ItaliaResidence in ItalyAround the world

Stays in Italy

For foreigners, a residence visa of more than three months may not be easy at all, and it is surrounded by many reservations by the Italian government.

So we will look at some important points about the types of stays in Italy and ways to obtain them.

Types of stays in Italy

Indeed, it is difficult to obtain permanent residence in Italy, whether for Arabs, Africans, or other Asians or even Europeans, and you will need to take very complicated steps if you wish to reside permanently in Italy.

Here are the details of the stays in Italy for Europeans and others:

First, for Europeans:

Citizens of the European Union

Also, citizens of Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland can stay for 3 months in Italy for tourism, business or other without the permission of the Italian authorities. All they will need is only a valid travel document, such as an ID card or passport.

But if they stay for more than 3 months, they will have to obtain a residence certificate, so that they can stay in Italy for a period of 5 years.

At the same time, after obtaining the five-year temporary residence permit, they can also obtain the right to permanent residence in Italy, but this right will be forfeited if they have lived outside Italian soil for more than two years.

Non-European citizens

If you were coming to Italy from the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand, or Australia and you were a citizen of any of these countries, you will not get the same privileges as a European citizen, but you also will not need to obtain a permit when you choose to stay in Italy for a period not exceeding 3 Months.

If you wish to stay more than a week in Italy, Italian law stipulates that you must register with the local Questura or is the "police headquarters" and apply for an entry permit to Torrigo "a residence permit for tourism" within eight working days.

• Permanent residency for more than three months

If you plan to stay for more than three months, you will need a FESTO permanent residence visa.

Here you must apply for it from the Italian embassy or consulate in your country, as the process may take some time.

Work visa in Italy

If you are a European citizen you will not need a visa to live in Italy as mentioned, but you will need it if you are not a European. You will also need to check requirements according to the type of work you will do, as Italy uses the quota system for visas for many professions.

You must also find a job before applying for a visa. After that, the employer will have to complete the steps of obtaining a visa and you will only have to submit the papers and a succession.

Study visa in Italy

There are two types of student visas in Italy according to the duration of the study program:

  • Short stay visas or "C" travel visas do not exceed 3 months
  • Long stay visa "D" for more than 90 days.

You will have to present an acceptance letter for your course in Italy, as well as proof of residency, adequate financial means and health insurance.

Family visit visa in Italy

You are entitled to obtain a family visa in Italy, if you have one of the Italian dependents inside the country, and you will get a residence permit in Italy that allows entry to visit the Italian husband, child or parents.

You will need to provide evidence of your relationship with the person you will depend on, such as marriage or birth certificates.

Business, professional and artist visa

Foreign citizens can also apply for a visa to start a company in Italy or work as a qualified professional working for their own account

The applicant must demonstrate that he has equivalent qualifications and must fulfill the same conditions required for Italians carrying out the same activity.

Investor visa

It is a golden visa granted to those who plan to invest in Ytalia in an amount of no less than 500,000 and 2 million euros in some companies, charities or government bonds.

The visa allows you to stay for two years, renewable for three more years, and special tax benefits. In addition, the families of the investors are entitled to apply for subsidiary visas.


Back to top button